These delicious nut free Carrot Cake Bliss Balls are moist and delicious and perfect to make for school lunches. These are also dairy free.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds lightly toasted
- 1 cup rolled oats lightly toasted
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 150g grated carrots
- 1/4 cup rasins
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Zest of 1/4 of an orange
- Juice of 1/4 of an orange
- Desiccated coconut (for rolling)
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor with the s-blade attachment.
- Process on high for around three minutes or until well combined and the ingredients are chopped quite finely.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and roll to make a ball in between your hands.
- Roll the ball lightly in the coconut to coat then roll again in your hands so that the coconut sticks to the ball. Repeat to make 15 bliss balls.
- Store the bliss balls in the fridge in an airtight container.
To toast the sunflower seeds and oats, spread out on tray and bake at around 200c for around 4-6 minutes, stirring every two minutes so they do not burn.